Thank you for considering the Hall of Laureates for your wedding event.
With your rental fee, guests have access to all the public spaces in the Hall of Laureates including the Borlaug Ballroom, Ruan Laureates room, Iowa Gallery as well as the Des Moines Mural Room, featuring the historic WPA murals that have been restored. There is certainly a lot to see in the Hall of Laureates and each room and space has its own identity and purpose. Plus the gardens would also be available to you and your guests to walk through; the gardens are a great location for photos to be taken.
Your Rental Fee Includes:
- Access to the facility from 1 p.m. – midnight on the day of the event. All guests and wedding part must depart by midnight.
- Access to all the public spaces in the building (3 floors)
- 250 chairs (rental from local vendors is around $12 a piece)
- 75 tables ($1,300 in rental from local vendors)
- The cleaning of the facility before and after the event
- An office-duty Des Moines Police Officer to be present during the event
- The ability to use our private gardens for the evening
- Access to take engagement photos at a scheduled time
Venue Rental Price:
When you sign the Contract
- $2,475 (First Installment) is due
30 Days out From the Event
- $2,475 (Second Installment Installment) is due
- $2,475 (Damage Deposit) is due - Please note this is completely refundable as long as there is not any damage during the event
- $255 for event insurance through the World Food Prize selected company**
Total - $7,680 ($2,475 is refundable after the event)
*Weddings held in the months of December - March are given the winter rate.
***This cost could rise if you choose to hold additional events in conjunction with your wedding and/or reception at the Hall of Laureates. This cost does not include credit card and/or processing fees