As a special tribute to Nobel Peace Prize winner and World Food Prize founder Dr. Norman Borlaug, and to provide an enduring foundation for all of the programs he created, the World Food Prize Foundation took on a $29.8 million capital project to restore the century-old Des Moines Public Library Building as the Dr. Norman E. Borlaug World Food Prize Hall of Laureates.
The World Food Prize Hall of Laureates serves as:
- a world-class museum to recognize great achievements in agriculture and fighting hunger;
- a convocation center at which to hold events during the World Food Prize International Symposium -- the Borlaug Dialogue;
- a home for the expanding Global Youth Institute, which aims to inspire the next generation of leaders;
- an educational facility featuring interactive displays on hunger and food security;
- and a conference center and event space available to other groups and organizations for their meetings and other activities.
Thank you for considering the Hall of Laureates for your upcoming event.
One of Iowa's most elegant and classic venues, the World Food Prize Hall of Laureates offers a magnificent setting for any occasion. This historic building in the heart of Des Moines radiates a rich history with every modern amenity necessary for your event.
We book only one event at a time in the Hall of Laureates so that you and your guests can enjoy the building exclusively during your gathering. Our staff and security personnel will also be present behind the scenes to ensure a seamless event.
Our staff is here to help you plan and execute what will be one of the most exciting and memorable events of your life. We would be happy to arrange a tour of the Hall. Please contact us to arrange your visit or to inquire with questions.